This morning I read a devotional that made me take pause. Of course, as all days, I had all my thoughts of what to get done, and how few hours I had to do them. Today ended up being a pretty crazy day... Lexi was ill and spent most of the day in the nurses office (this caused me to drop the original plans I had for my prep time). Then we had a student fall ill on the playground during our lunchtime team meeting (which caused us to delay our unfinished meeting until after school). This was all in addition to the crazy, running late for work kind of day that I normally have. I've posted part of the devotional below. I'm so glad I read it this morning so I could handle each emergency and change of plans as they arose.
You can make some plans as you gaze into the day that stretches out before you. But you need to hold those plans tentatively, anticipating that I may have other ideas. The most important thing to determine is what to do right now. Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for things that need to be done, concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side. Let everything else fade into the background. This will unclutter your mind, allowing Me to occupy more and more of your consciousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment