I will say once again, I am horrible at blogging! It's been almost a year since my last blog, and was almost a year before that one! To say the very least, a lot has changed over the last year!
I finally got a job, but it was not in the midwest, as I expected, but rather in southern Arizona. We live about 85 miles north of the Mexican border in a town called Casa Grande. Although I was very hesitant about moving so far south and west, (like actually did not want to do it) I have been pleasantly surprised. I love it here and LOVE the wonderful friends that we have made. The people of Arizona are so friendly and welcoming and even though I've known most of them for such a short period of time, I feel like I've known them all my life. We've also met some other wonderful transplants! Lots of our new friends are from Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Michigan, etc.
I am teaching second grade at a charter school. I really enjoy it, but there is always so much work to do! I have a class of 27 students (down from 30) and they keep me busy! Lexi is in the 2nd grade and is right across the hall from me, which I love. It's so awesome to see her every day! Reese will be joining us next year in Kindergarten and we are all so excited for her to join us!
Marvin also works at the school and is in charge of facilities maintenance. In addition to making sure everything (and I mean everything) works correctly, he also takes care of the lunch recess duty. (I think this is his favorite part of the day!) He loves to play with the kids and tease them as he lines them up to be quiet to go inside.
We've had a few adventures since we've been here - two trips to California to visit Robin, a trip to Sedona at fall break, and a trip to Mt. Lemmon in Tuscon. We also had a short stop at the Imperial Dunes in Yuma, have taken in a few baseball games, and one Phoenix Coyotes hockey game.
I'll be better about blogging and promise to post some pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment